Chief Product Officer
myCOI is an early industry-leader in the insurance technology space providing an innovative SaaS solution for tracking, processing, and managing certificates of insurance. Our Purpose – Erase the Worry through The Work We Do – Eliminating the disruptive impact of an insurance claim. Based in Indianapolis, myCOI’s proven track record of national growth and success has impacted hundreds of customers who use our products and services ranging from Fortune 100, Higher Education, Construction, Logistics, Healthcare, Property Management, down to some of our local favorite sports teams. myCOI Central offers an easy-to-use, cloud-based solution to protect organizations and ensure end-to-end compliance. It’s smart technology that has our industry expertise built right in-designed to provide a single place to view COI’s, compliance, and risk reporting, for vendors, suppliers, tenants, subcontractors, franchisees, and carriers. myCOI’s channel partners, a great leadership team that is energetic, innovative, and goal-oriented; along with living our core values: Unite, Reach, Own It, Choose Positive and Innovate, drives our continued growth and success.
We work hard to maintain an open, supportive culture that promotes the pursuit of excellence. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a competitive compensation package, great work-life balance and an innovative, supportive culture. We know that myCOI’s success derives from great teamwork and each individual’s exceptional results. Join us on our mission to disrupt, innovate, and lead the industry!
The Chief Product Officer (CPO) is responsible for defining and executing upon the product vision, strategy, and experience from end-to-end for myCOI in all markets. As the head of product management responsible for leading the product and development teams, and with collaborative support from leadership, the CPO will drive and oversee product ownership, management, implementation, and the user interface and experience improving upon products that reflect the mission and core value of myCOI’s product offering. Through exceptional leadership, commitment to providing guidance, supportive processes, and creative input, the CPO will drive and empower the product and development teams to constantly learn, grow, and deliver truly great products to our customers.
- Represent a leading SaaS company with the most innovative technology in the industry and a 95% customer retention rate
- Ability to inspire and transform by enhancing our products with more innovation and automation to positively disrupt the industry and further protect our customers
- Use your well-rounded mix of technical expertise and strategic business mindset to identify opportunities for applying innovation while effectively prioritizing business impact
- Be a catalyst for fostering a culture centered around customer value through strong leadership
- Work with supportive leadership and with co-workers focused on helping you succeed
- Professional growth & learning opportunities
- Great work-life balance, company culture and 4-day workweek option
- Lead, facilitate and advocate for the strategic business direction of innovative enhancements to our products that deliver automation and sustainable value to both customers and the business through strategic business thinking and partnerships internally and externally
- Responsible for managing, driving, and providing direction to the product and development teams to ensure their success and professional and personal development
- Translate the product strategy vision into action by executing on business case development, competitive analysis, product-market fit and product differentiation
- Further develop, enhance, and mature the current product management process
- Balance the needs and goals of both the product and business through the stages of developing next generation product enhancements through full customer adoption
- As a hands-on leader within a growing organization, support execution items when needed (i.e., documenting new features, designing wireframes and business rules)
- Transparently, proactively, and clearly communicate with internal and external parties, ensuring priorities and options are understood. Uses a team approach to solve problems with peers and leverages networks to gain market insight and access
- Conduct research that leads to informed decision-making across the organization by leading product champion and focus groups.
- Collaborate with Development Team to determine the right trade-off of features between technical complexity and business benefit
- Balance short term customer requests with long term strategic priorities
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional travel for industry trade shows and events
- 10+ years of product development and strategic business experience, preferably next generation/enhancing products
- Knowledge of insurance and the proof of insurance domain a plus, but not required
- Insatiable drive to make products better for customers and the business
- Practical decision maker striking a balance between innovation and practicality
- Skilled leadership and management competencies, ability to motivate, drive and grow product and development teams
- Inspire and clearly communicate the company’s vision for a product’s outcome to drive a variety of functional areas toward a common goal in an effective and productive manner (software engineering, design, marketing, sales, etc.).
- Strong communication skills, ability to explain the road map and vision and ability to be diplomatic and respectful of other’s opinions and insights
- Evaluate the market and identify profit opportunities. Product evangelist and visionary, capable of spotting trends and setting goals for years ahead. Look across different industries to see the big picture, analyze large volumes of information to spot trends, and offer new approaches to old problems.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences, adept at working through ideas and problems with development and product teams in an Agile environment
- Requires a deep understanding of users and their requirements, the ability to see the big picture and passion for delivering innovative solutions
- Demonstrative metrics-driven mindset, using and generating thoughtful data analysis to inform decisions that balance the needs of customers, using data to validate those decisions
- Empathy – Ability to step into the shoes of the customer to understand how they feel when they use the product
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Competitive compensation package
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, 8 hours community volunteer time)
- Optional, 4-day/10 hour work week through 2020
- Remote work through February 1, 2021
- Preference given to candidates residing within a commutable distance of Indianapolis
Novo Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and recruitment services provider and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.
Req ID Number: JO-1909-6589
EEO Job Category:
For Further Information Contact:
Senior Recruiting Consultant